The Relief Fund will provide discretionary funds of up to $2,500 for those employing 1 to 4 FTE and up to $5,000 with 5-10 FTE in operation prior to March 1, 2020. Funding will be based on the total of 3 month (Jan-March) utilities/rent/mortgage payments.
- Restaurants and retail businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and the safer-at-home mandates at any employment level beyond a single employee operation.
- Other small for-profit businesses* which employ on average not less than 1 to not more than 10 full time equivalent employees based on 30 hours per week.
FTEs are calculated at 30 hours per week.
* Those not eligible are businesses not serviced by the Manitowoc or Two Rivers Public Utilities or with parcels outside the taxing boundaries of the City of Manitowoc or the City of Two Rivers, service organizations, non-profits, property management companies, businesses beginning operations after March 1, 2020, and businesses that have been subjected to criminal or civil fines and penalties including those from local city code or regulatory violations. Businesses must be current with the State of Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions as well as expense payments, taxes, and utilities due prior to March 15, 2020 prior to applying.
The program application process will be on a first come, first served approach and is open ended until funds are depleted or it is determined there is no longer a need for this recovery support. The funding cooperative is attempting to make the grant application as simple and as quick as possible.
The application will made available on June 2, at 9:00 AM.
Applicants will need a google account to complete the online form. To create a free google account, click here.
PDF of application will be available for hard copy submission. Please note that because funds are distributed on a first come-first served basis, paper application process could delay submission and approval process. PDF applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at The Chamber of Manitowoc County, 1515 Memorial Dr., Manitowoc, WI 54220.
Those applying will be required to provide the following information.
Business Summary – Please provide all information required. The review team reserves the right to require an up-to-date business plan, credit reports, or proof of other expenses for all requests. At a minimum, business summaries should include:
- Contact information and physical address of each facility of the applicant
- Authorized majority owner and FEIN or Social Security number
- Date of establishment
- Include the number of full-time employees (based on 30 hours)
- History of the business and demonstration of why the Small Business COVID-19 grant assistance is needed (attach documents as needed)
- Narrative of how the grant will positively impact your business and other factors that should be considered in evaluating this request (e.g., impact on Wisconsin suppliers, national/international sales, and other prospects for future expansions, etc.)
- Required documents including
- Jan-March 2020 paid utility bills (electricity/gas/water/sewer)
- Proof of paid rent/mortgage Jan-March 2020
- Budget of the planned use of the funds requested
- Evidence that you are in good standing with the State of Wisconsin Department of Financial Institution. Forms may be found at: https://www.wdfi.org/apps/CorpSearch/Search.aspx? A screen print will be an acceptable form of documentation. Not applicable to sole proprietors and partnerships.
- Businesses must be current with the State of Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions as well as expense payments, taxes, and utilities due prior to March 15, 2020 prior to applying.
- Digital signature of the authorized representative of the business applying.
If you have any questions regarding the Small Business Covid -19 Relief Fund please email: email@example.com or call (920) 684-5575.
In partnership with: