Studies show health habits-for better or worse-are strongly influenced by the people we spend time with. Because you likely spend a great deal of time with co-workers, help one another embrace active, healthful lifestyles.
- Join a company-sponsored or community sports league and have fun playing basketball, softball, hockey or soccer with your work team.
- Find a local fitness event, such as a 5k walk/run, walk-a-thon, or sprint triathlon. Invite colleagues to train with you for the upcoming event.
- Help organize and promote an internal fitness event. Climb stairs to benefit a charity or create a pedometer step challenge.
- Take two-minute stretch breaks together throughout the day.
- Volunteer together to plant trees, clean a park, or walk dogs at the animal shelter.
- Start an employee bowling league.
- Invite co-workers to join you for after-work runs, bicycle rides or games of racquetball.